The Minister for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Affairs, Mr Franz Fayot, and the CEO of the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce, Mr Carlo Thelen, are pleased to invite you to a conference dedicated to the 2020 edition of the Business Partnership Facility (BPF) of the Luxembourg Ministry of Cooperation, to be held Friday, 28 February 2020 from 16:00 to 18:00 at the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce.
Objective of the Business Partnership Facility (BPF)
The objective is to encourage the Luxembourg and European private sector to work with partners – public or private – that are active in developing countries in order to set up sustainable business projects. On this basis, the BPF foresees setting up annual rolling funds, via the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, worth one million Euros. Following the success of the first four editions of the BPF, a fifth call for projects for financing will be announced on 28 February 2020.
- Eco-innovation and circular economy
- Information Technology and Communication
Below is the programme for the conference. In case of interest, please register by clicking on the blue Register button. Please note that this conference will be held in French.
- 16:00 Welcome
- 16:30 Opening remarks
Mr Carlo Thelen, CEO of the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- 16:35 The role of the private sector in the implementation of Luxembourg’s Ministry of Cooperation
Mr Franz Fayot, Minister for Development Cooperation & Humanitarian Affairs
- 16:45 Presentation of the Business Partnership Facility (BPF)
Mr. Thomas Lammar, Directorate for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Affairs, Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs
- 16:55 Achievements and challenges: Concrete examples of Luxembourg private sector initiatives co-financed by the Business Partnership
– BIM E-SOLUTIONS
Moderator: Mr Thomas Bertrand, Advisor, International Affairs, Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- 17:40 Questions & answers
- 17:55 Conclusion
- 18:00 Reception and networking cocktail