With 10,000+ employees in almost 40 companies generating more than €1.5 billion annual turnover, Luxembourg has become a key location in Europe for Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers to the automotive component industry.
Major car manufacturers (from Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands as well as the United Kingdom, etc.) can be supplied from Luxembourg on a same day delivery basis, thanks to a central location at the heart of Europe and well-developed transportation and communication networks (modern logistic parks and many others logistic advantages).
The Luxembourg automotive sector offers a talented, experienced and motivated workforce that is acknowledged for its ability to tackle all kinds of challenges, technology-related, quality-related, supply issues and/or commercial issues. Our unique strength: we solve problems together with the customer, in the language of the customer whilst respecting the cultural background of the customer!
The advantages of having a European Sales and R&D headquarters in Luxembourg are gratefully explored by many globally operating component suppliers such as Delphi, Goodyear, IEE, Carlex, ArcelorMittal and CEBI international. Some combine R&D with manufacturing or end-assembly activities.
Luxembourg-based companies offer an increasing number of automotive components such as:
– Metal sheets and metal casted components
– Tyres and tyre components (wires, textiles, etc.)
– High performance plastics, foils and composite materials
– Fuel injection components (petrol, diesel, CNG, LPG)
– Interior (and exterior) trim parts
– Windscreens and other automotive glass applications (such as panoramic roofs)
– Reservoirs, tanks, valves and fuel venting systems
– Power management components (electrical)
– Sensors, mechatronics and electronics
– Industrial equipment and automation
Luxembourg offers excellent logistics corridors, and in real terms the cost of labour is among the lowest in Western Europe, due to a moderate tax structure and low social contributions.