The Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce, the Union of European Chambers of Commerce and the Cluster for Logistics invite you to the European Politics in Transport & Logistics Conference on transport and mobility on March 8, 2019 at the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce.
Experts from the Industry and European Parliament will present their views on the necessary political support and investments for frictionless transport in Europe. Road transport was, is and remains the cornerstone for transporting goods in Europe. Besides a road infrastructure that is capable of coping with the amount of goods to be transported, the regulations concerning international cross-border activities are crucial and have a major impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of transport, but also on the evolution of the industry supply chains and transport sector.
How will the European Union strengthen and expand its infrastructure and connections with other continents, while combining ecology with economy? How can the EU create a framework in which the entire supply chain can stay competitive through innovation, powered by long term secured financing? How do you remedy the growing lack of skilled cross-border workforce and drivers? These questions and many other subjects will be addressed by the UECC during the conference and in their position paper to be released and ahead of the European Parliament elections of May 2019.
- 10h00 – Registration and networking welcome coffee
- 10h30 – Opening words and presentation of the UECC Position Paper
by Dr. Christoph Juen, President of the Union of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- 10h45 – Presentation of the Luxembourgish investment plan to improve mobility and infrastructure across borders by Mr. Roland Fox, Director Ponts et Chaussées of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- 11h00 – Presentation on developing digital skills for the transformation
by Prof. Benny Mantin, Luxembourg Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- 11h15 – “Towards a cleaner, safer and more innovative mobility in Europe ( and Luxembourg)” by Mr. David Cau, Director Climate Change & Sustainability Services and Mr. Tobias Merten, Senior Manager Smart Infrastructure and Future of Mobility, EY
- 11h40 – Presentation on Sustainable transport: “The voice from the industry”
by Mr. Eric Lambert, Business Development, CFL multimodal
- 11h55 – Skilled talents in supply chain without barriers, by Mr. Paolo Bisogni, President of European Logistics Association
- 12h10 – “Benelux, an example of cross-border policy alignments and infrastructure?” by Mr. Alain de Muyser, Deputy Secretary General, Benelux Union
- 12h20 – Round table moderated by Mr. Christophe Langenbrinck (Luxemburger Wort): “How will the European policy in the transport and logistics sector impact economy and supply chain?” (participants TBD, Mr. Andreas Steier MdB, Mr. Georges Bach MEP, Mr. Perry Dimmer, ArcelorMittal Head of Supply Chain & Logistics)
- 13h20 – Closing Remarks by Mr. Carlo Thelen, Director General of the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce and President of the Cluster for Logistics Luxembourg
- Networking & Walking Lunch
Interested companies are kindly requested to duly complete the online registration form before Wednesday 6th of March at the latest. For further information about this upcoming event, feel free to contact Mr. Steven Koener (Mail: email@example.com – Tel: 42 39 39-379) or Mr. Malik Zeniti (Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel: 42 39 39-849).