The prestigious grants of the European Research Council (ERC) aim to stimulate scientific excellence in Europe by funding the very best and most creative researchers. In view of the forthcoming submission dates for ERC Starting Grand and Consolidator Grant proposals (17 October 2017 and 15 February 2018, respectively), Luxinnovation, the National Contact Point for Horizon 2020, is organising an ERC Info Day. The objective is to provide you with inside knowledge on how to write and defend an excellent project proposal with good chances of success.
Featured speakers include past and current experts on the ERC’s Life Sciences (LS), Physical Sciences and Engineering (PE) and Social Sciences and Humanities (SH) panels, ERC grantees who have obtained multiple ERC grants and specialised consultants. They will in particular aim to answer the following questions:
- How can you tell whether you are ready to apply for an ERC grant?
- How can you move from a Starting Grant to a Consolidator or Advanced Grant?
- What will make your proposal stand out from the crowd?
- How can you best prepare for the grant interview?
The Info Day targets current and future ERC grant candidates as well as other promising principal investigators. In order to facilitate your exchange with other participants, the event will end with a networking cocktail.
Registration has been closed.
8:45-9:00 Introduction, Luxinnovation
9:05-9:35 Joshua Edel, Imperial College London, 3 times ERC awardee, panel PE4
9:40-10:10 Arshad Desai, UCSD, CoG and StG panel member/chair, panel LS3
10:10-10:25 Coffee Break
10:25-11:05 Véronique Rosilio, Université Paris Sud, CoG and StG panel member/chair, panel PE4
11:10-12:00 Werner Klotzbücher, ICCK ERC Consulting / Training
- Climbing in the ERC Range: Accounts of a Mountain Guide
12:00-13:00 Lunch break
13:00-13:30 Frank Grosveld, Erasmus University Rotterdam, StG panel chair LS2
13:35-14:05 Charles Auffray, EISBM, AdG panel chair LS2
14:10-14:25 Coffee Break
14:25-14:55 Björn Ottersten, 2x AdG, 1x PoC grantee, expert reviewer, AdG and Synergy Grant panel member, PE7
15:00-15:30 TBD, CNRS
- Institutional support structures for ERC candidates
15:35-16:30 Panel discussion
- Stéphane Bordas, UL, ERC awardee (Discussion leader)
- Paulo Verissimo, UL, StG Panel PE6
- Francisco Azuaje, LIH, ERC evaluator
- Arshad Desai, UCSD
- Benjamin Questier, Luxinnovation
- Charles Auffray, EISBM
- Heike Scheuerpflug, Research Support UL
16:30-17:30 Networking cocktail