Economic Mission to South Korea
South Korea and Luxembourg are strong trading partners and have much in common as pioneers of innovation and leaders in the high-tech and digital arenas. Both countries are excellent platforms for companies that are seeking to establish or intensify their business activities in Europe and South-East Asia, respectively. Luxembourg’s economic mission to South Korea offers a wide range of opportunities to meet key decision makers and make contacts with leading business representatives.
Tuesday 16 July | 9.30-12:30
Seminar on Luxembourg: a leading digital economy and gateway for European expansion followed by a networking lunch with industry leaders and government officials from Luxembourg
Wednesday 17 July | 6:30 - 19:30
Luxembourg: an attractive start-up hub for entrepreneurs wanting to grow their business on the European market - Event for startups organised together with the KISED (Korea’s Institute of Startups & Entrepreunership Development) followed by a networking drink
Throughout the mission
Exploring mutual business opportunities between Korean and Luxembourg companies with special focus on ICT, space and logistic sectors
Thursday 18 July 09:20 - 09:50
Korea Space Forum: Keynote speech from Luxembourg’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Economy Etienne Schneider
Luxembourg: an ideal launchpad for targeting the EU market
Luxembourg is an ideal location from which Korean companies – start-ups as well as established firms – can launch or expand their business on the European market. Its many advantages include, for example:
- Excellent geographical location in close proximity to several of the EU’s leading consumer markets (notably Germany and France). 60% of the EU’s GDP can be reached by a one-hour flight.
- Highly skilled, multi-cultural and multi-lingual workforce, making it easy to work with customers and conduct business in different European countries.
- Business friendly environment with an attractive legal framework, and easy access to open-minded politicians, public authorities and administrations.
- Stable and reliable: world-leading GDP performance, most open economy in Europe, economic growth with an average of >4% over the last 5 years, increase in employment of over 50% in the last 15 years, reliable legal and regulatory system
- Outstanding digital capacities: ultra-low latency connection, state-of-the-art data centres, large investments in high performance computing, big data applications and artificial intelligence, centre of excellence in cybersecurity
- Attractive R&D and innovation incentives and favourable intellectual property rights regime
- Strong focus on developing key business sectors (digital economy, cybersecurity, space, smart mobility, clean technologies, logistics)
Luxembourg is also a great place to relocate international staff or recruit top talent. As one of the safest countries in the world, it offers an excellent quality of life and world-class health and education. Luxembourg has been ranked as the best place for expats to build an international career.
Discover more about bi-laterial relations between our two countries. (link to fact sheet) and read the Luxembourg government’s Data-Driven Innovation Strategy for the Development of a Trusted and Sustainable Economy in Luxembourg. You can also watch our video about Koreans living and working in Luxembourg.