The Big Data from Space Conference 2019 is co-organised by the European Space Agency (ESA), the Joint Research Centre (JRC) of the European Commission, and the European Union Satellite Centre (SatCen).
It will be hosted by the German Aerospace Center (DLR), and will take place at the Alte Kongresshalle in Munich, from the 19th to the 21st of February 2019.
The main objectives of the BiDS’19 Conference are:
- Focus on new paradigms of data intelligence addressing the entire value chain: data processing to extract information, the information analysis to gather knowledge, and knowledge transformation in value;
- Maximise the uptake and impact of multi-source space data;
- Promote the use of platforms and analytical methods to maximise the value extracted for scientific exploration and discovery, societal benefits, commercial exploitation and operational applications;
- Bring together major European actors, including research, industry, institutions, and users, to strengthen the communication and transfer of requirements, methods and technologies, and to reinforce an interdisciplinary approach;
- Promote research and applications in innovative/disruptive data analysis methods;
- Advance the upscale of new solutions from R&I to operational use (e.g. for the security domain);
- Promote cross-fertilisation with similar works in other data intensive domains (e.g. high-energy physics, microbiology, social media, etc.).
It will be a good opportunity for presenting and monitoring activities carried out in the Big Data area.
Additional information can be found at the Conference web site